Power Interactive FZ-LLC (“Power Interactive”, “we”, “us” or “our”), which owns and operates Active Stream (“Active Stream”) values the privacy of our viewers and recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of all persons who access and/or use, whether as a guest or registered user, our websites and applications, including those running on smart phones, tablets and other devices (“Users”, “you” or “your”).
By using Active Stream (the “Service”), you consent to our collection, use, disclosure and processing of your personal data in accordance with this Policy. Reference to “Service” in this Policy includes the Active Stream Web and Mobile Application themselves (the “Application”), the on-demand and live content service available either free of charge or by paid subscription, and all features and functionalities, recommendations, reviews and user interfaces on the Application.
Unless the context suggests otherwise, any reference to data in this Policy is to personal data, which means any data relating to an identified or identifiable person. For the avoidance of doubt, this Policy does not apply to aggregate data or data that it is no longer identifiably linked to you or your device. We may use and disclose such data to our partners, advertisers and any other third parties. Examples of personal data are provided below.
It is important that you read this Policy together with any other notice we may provide on other occasions when collecting or processing personal data about you. This Policy is supplementary to such other notices and does not override them.
We may modify this Policy from time to time. Changes cannot be retroactive. We will provide you with notice if any material changes are made to this Policy. What constitutes a “material change” will be determined at our sole discretion, in good faith and using reasonable judgment and common sense. Your continued use of our services after notice of change is issued means that you are consenting to the updated terms.
The provisions contained in each paragraph of this Policy shall apply independently of each of the others and its validity shall not be affected if any of the others is invalid. If any of those provisions is void but would be valid if some part of the provision were deleted or reduced in scope or time, the provision in question shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it valid.
This Policy explains:
- 1. Data we Collect from or about you
- 2. How we Store and Use the Data we Collect
- 3. Sharing of Data
- 4. Your Right to Access and Control your Data
- 5. Cross-borderTransfers
- 6. Cookies and Other TrackingTechnologies
- 7. Eligibility
- 8. Security Measures
- 9. Data Retention
- 10. Third Party Sites
- 11. Complaints, Questions and Suggestions
- 12. Website Only Policies
1. Data we Collect from or about you
Our collection of personal data may be legally or contractually required for the provision of our services. Where you refuse to provide such data, we may have to cancel the services provided to you but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We collect different types of personal data when you use the Service. The Service is dynamic and we often introduce new features which may require the collection of new data. If we collect materially different personal data or materially change how we use your personal data, we will notify you and modify this Policy.
The types of data we collect may include the following:
A. Data you provide to us
- Identity data: This includes first name, last name, address, username or similar identifier, title, marital status, gender and date of birth.
- Profile data: This includes login details, including Facebook or Google+ login details where you use the same to create an account with us, transaction history details, preferences and survey results.
- Contact data: This includes delivery address, location, billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial data: This includes payment card and bank account details, payment history.
- Sensitive data: This includes details about health, ethnicity, biometric data, religious and political views, and any other data that must be treated with additional protections.
- Accessibility data: This includes your settings with respect to the receipt of marketing material from us or our partners.
- Other content provided: This includes content, communications and other data provided through your use of theService, including when registering, creating or sharing content, or communicating with others.
B. Data related to your use of the Service
- Technical data: This includes login data, browser type and version, operating system, platform, type of device, device settings and locations, language and time zone, IP address and mobile phone number, and data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
- Usage data: This includes data about how you use the Service and its content, how you use your devices to access the Service and what actions you take, including the screens you visit and searches you make, the times, frequencies and duration of any visits or activities, including people or accounts you interact with.
- Networks and connections data: This includes data about the accounts, webpages, groups or other items you are connected to and how you interact with them through the use of the Service. This also includes uploaded, synced or imported contact information.
- Purchase history data: This includes details of purchased services and products.
C. Data from social media networks and other third parties
By using certain features of the Service, you may give us permission to access data about you from services offered by third parties, such as social media networks. This is the case, for instance where you opt to sign in through Facebook or Google+ or share data relating to the Service on social media. Data obtained through these means varies depending on your privacy settings and can, among others, include data about:
- Friends and contacts
- Profile picture
- Birthdate and gender
- People/sites you follow
We may also obtain data about you from other third-parties, such as our partners and advertisers, and commercially available sources such as data aggregators.
D. Location Data
We collect general data about your location through the Service, such as the location associated with your IP or billing address. You can choose, through your device’s privacy settings, whether or not to allow us to collect and use real-time information about the device’s location.
2. How we Store and Use the Data we Collect
We may use your data for the purpose of authorizing access and controlling the information made available to you, and when the law allows us or requires us to. We use your personal data to assist us in performing and enforcing our agreements with you and/or providing our services to you. We use your personal data for the following purposes, among others:
A. Provision of the Service, including:
- User experience: When you use our services, we may use automated technologies to identify your browser and provide an easier user experience. We accomplish this by helping you log in faster and stay logged in as you open multiple pages or access the Service through various devices. We also use automated technologies to provide, maintain, develop and improve the Service, including by fulfilling your requests, processing your payments, enabling access to the Service, maintaining and administering your account and so on.
- Authentication: Verification of your account and determining when you are logged in to enhance your user experience (e.g. show you the appropriate features).
B. Communication purposes, including:
- Customer Support: We may use the datato investigate, respond to and resolve complaints and issues with the Service (e.g. bugs).
- Legal purposes: We may use the data to send you legal correspondence.
- Newsletters: We may use the data to send you newsletters or register you into sweepstakes or contests.
- Promotional Material: We may use the data to determine material that may interest you and send opportunities, marketing, promotions of our products and services and those of our group, our business partners, or third-party advertisers.
C. Businesspurposes, including:
- Business development: Analyzation of site patterns and traffic, determining users’ needs and trends, and targeting promotional activities appropriately.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
3. Sharing of Data
We may disclose the data we collect as described below:
- Outsourcing: We outsource certain of our services, e.g. marketing and development, audit, maintenance, payments. We will ensure that any entity to which are services are outsourced have access to your data only to the extent reasonably necessary to perform the tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purposes.
- Power Interactive Group and third parties: We may share data with related parties, as well as with third parties such as business and advertising partners, for the purpose of providing and improving products and services.
- Sweepstakes, contests and promotions: We may use your data to sign-you up or register you where you decide to partake in sweepstakes, contests and promotions. Please note that these events may be subject to additional rules and by partaking your consent to such rules. Such rules may include disclosure of your data to the public where legally permitted, among others. These events are sometimes operated by a third-party or business partner, in such cases we are not responsible for the actions of such person and all rights and obligations relating to such events shall be directly against or by the third-party or business partner (as applicable).
- Legal purposes, security and service integrity: It is possible that we will need to disclose data about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) enforce our agreements with you; (2) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (3) protect the security or integrity of the Service; (4) exercise or protect the rights and safety of our users, personnel, or others; and (5) fulfil any requirements we may have under our insurance or other agreements.
- Ownership transfer: Any entity which purchases all or part of the Service, will have the right to continue to use your data, but only in the manner set out in this Policy, unless you agree otherwise. For the avoidance of doubt, we may transfer to said entity any and all data obtained from you (pursuant to our legal and contractual rights).
- With your consent: Where so requested or authorized by you, we may share or disclose data about you.
- Identifiable information: All debit/credit card details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented, or leased to any third parties.
- Debit/Credit Card: We will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties.
4. Your Right to Access and Control your Data
With respect to your personal data, you have the following rights, among others:
- Request deletion of data;
- Request change or correction of data;
- Object to, or limit or restrict, use of data;
- Request withdrawal of consent; and
- Request access and/or to take your data.
Where you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us. Where your request pursuant to this section is clearly groundless, repetitive or excessive, we may charge a reasonable fee or to the extent legally permitted, refuse to comply with your request.
There are other choices exercisable directly by you with respect to our use of your personal data. These include the following choices:
- Communications settings: The Service may include management tools permitting you to change your settings with respect to receiving communications. Also, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link or following other instructions included at the bottom of most e-mails we send, you may opt out of receiving future commercial e-mail communications from us. Please note that nothing herein waives our right to send you transactional e-mails, such as subscription confirmations. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org you have any questions, concerns or requests with respect to the communications you receive from us.
- Location settings via mobile:As mentioned above, we sometimes access data regarding your location through tracking technologies. This includes GPS location-tracking data where you are accessing the Service through your mobile device. Whether or not we are able to access such data depends on the settings on your mobile device.
Where legally required or while carrying out our rights pursuant to this Policy, we process personal data inside and outside the UAE. We require all our group companies to follow the same rules when processing your personal data. Certain countries where we process data may have laws less protective than those of your own country.
6. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Browser cookies:A cookie is a text file placed on a device when it is used to access the Service. The main function of cookies to is identify you when you access the Service as well as save your log-in information. There are different types of browser cookies:
- (a) First party cookies: Cookies originating from the site you are currently viewing.
- (b) Third party cookies: Cookies originating from (or to be sent to) a site you are not visiting. Theseare served by third parties, which may include our advertising partnersand analytics providers.
- (c) Session cookies: Cookies that are stored for the duration of your visit.
- (d) Persistent cookies: Cookies that continue to be stored after you leave the Service.
- (e) Flash cookies:Officially called a local shared object, a flash cookie is a text file sent by a web server to a user when the browser requests content supported by plug-ins, such as Adobe Flash.
- Device identification: We may collect identification data relating to devices you access the Service through, such as IP addresses.
- Cross-device tracking: Where you use different devices (such as your laptop and mobile) to access the Service, we may be able to associate you with each of your devices through data provided to us by you (such as using the same log-in details).
- Other tracking technologies: The Service may containother tracking technologiesoften used together with browser cookies or other identifiers associated with your device.
We and third parties use the above tracking technologies as explained under “How we Store and Use the Data we Collect”.
For the avoidance of doubt, we permit third parties such as advertising technology companies with whom we partner to use tracking technology in order to serve advertisements for third party products and services.
- Managing Cookies and Opt-Out Options. Usually, you may modify your browser settings to disable or reject cookies. It is important to note that the disablement or rejection of certain cookies may result in your inability to avail of certain features in the Service.
No one under 18 years of age or otherwise lacking legal capacity to enter a contract (“Ineligible Person”) may use the Service or provide any personal dataon the Service without the consent of their legal parent or guardian. Unless otherwise required by the law, we will delete any personal data collected or received from an Ineligible Person if we subsequently learn that such data was collected or received without verification of parental consent. Anyone with reason to believe we might have data from or about an Ineligible Person without legal parental or guardian consent should contact us.
8. Security Measures
We cannot warrant or guarantee the security of any data you send us. We have undertaken all reasonable security measures to ensure your data is secure and prevent it from being accidentally lost, or used, accessed, altered or disclosed in an unauthorized way. We also regularly review and update such measures to meet new perceived threats that may arise from technological advances.
Where legally required to do so, we will notify you and any applicable regulator of any suspected or actual breach of personal data.
9. Data Retention
We retain your personal data in line with our internal policy. We will retain your personal data to the extent reasonably necessary to comply with our legal, accounting or reporting obligations or enforce our agreements with you.
While determining the appropriate retention period of personal data, we take into consideration legal and contractual requirements, the purposes for which we process your personal data, the nature, sensitivity and amount of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from disclosure or unauthorized use of your personal data, and whether we can achieve our purposes through other means than retention.
10. Third Party Sites
The Service may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Selecting those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect and/or share data about you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those third-parties and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
11. Complaints, Questions and Suggestions
If you have any questions, comments or complaints relating to this Policy or the manner in which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us.
12. Website Only Policies
On this website, VISA or Mastercard debit/credit cards in AED will be accepted for payment. The displayed price and currency at the checkout page, will be the same price and currency printed on the transaction receipt and the amount charged to the card will be shown in your card currency.